Our laboratories are unique – we are the only assisted reproduction facility in New Mexico staffed by a Board Certified, full-time, on site laboratory director, and a Board Certified embryologist, working together to ensure that all procedures are performed to exacting standards.
The laboratory facilities provide a balanced, innovative state-of-the-art environment for assisted reproduction techniques.
Day-to-day operations, management, compliance, and performance of all laboratory procedures are the responsibility of the laboratory staff.
- Laboratory Director
Michael L. Reed, Ph.D., ALD ELD HCLD (ABB)
- Laboratory Supervisor
Al-Hasen Said, M.Sc., M.S., TS (ABB)
Andrology Laboratory – Working with Sperm
The laboratories operate under the College of American Pathologists Reproductive Laboratory Accreditation Program, and meet or exceed Federal regulatory requirements for CMS CLIA laboratories and ART establishments registered with the FDA.
The andrology laboratory provides both diagnostic testing and therapeutic procedures.
- Routine semen analysis with stained sperm morphology (WHO 2010)
- Retrograde ejaculation analysis
- Sperm DNA fragmentation testing (HALO)
- Semen processing for intrauterine insemination
- Ejaculate semen cryopreservation
- Testicular and epididymal sperm cryopreservation following a surgical retrieval of sperm
The laboratory is also a referral center for semen analysis, for men who are not patients at the Center.
Individuals without an order from their healthcare provider (direct access testing)
Individuals with a written order from their healthcare provider.
Please note that all andrology procedures must be scheduled – by appointment only.
Embryology Laboratory – Sperm, Oocytes (eggs), and Embryos
The embryology laboratory provides advanced therapeutic procedures for couples requiring assisted reproductive intervention beyond routine clinical and laboratory approaches. Techniques available at this Center include:
- In vitro fertilization (IVF) – traditional approach (no assisted fertilization)
- In vitro fertilization (IVF) – with assisted fertilization via ICSI (intracytoplasmic sperm injection)
- Frozen embryo transfer (FET) – thawing/warming of cryopreserved embryos for transfer
- Laser-assisted hatching of embryos – biopsy on-site and coordination of sample testing at an off-site lab
- Cryopreservation of embryos – vitrification (rapid-cooling)
- Cryopreservation of oocytes – vitrification (rapid-cooling)